2012年4月17日星期二

something special & different

Hi all





I would love to give my sister an extra special birthday treat while we are out there in May. She is up for anything no fear at all !! Any suggestions to give her a birthday present to remember?





Thank you





ma



something special %26amp; different


My special thing that I would like to do...and not sure if they have in the Orlando area ..





An adventure in a hot air balloon !!! Have always wanted to do this....this would be my very best treat !!





Disney Chicks



something special %26amp; different


I had thought about that but I would love to do it with her, but scared silly doesn%26#39;t even cover it. Has anyone done a hot air balloon flight?





ma




I%26#39;ve done a hot air balloon ride, and it was wonderful! It%26#39;s very peaceful up there. Generally I don%26#39;t trust anything that doesn%26#39;t have an accelerator and brake pedal, but, despite feeling a bit nervous beforehand, it just didn%26#39;t occur to me to feel nervous when I actually did it.





However, the best experience ever to give your sister would be to do a tandem skydive - it really is just about the most fantastic thing I%26#39;ve ever done, and would thoroughly recommend it. It would be an unforgettable treat for you both!




Have a look at booking the boat for the Epcot fireworks ,if I remember correctly they will arrange a cake for you (or bring your own from the Supermarket).



Its a great way to enjoy the fireworks you have the boat to yourselves and theres food and drink ,but im sure they do Birthdays . :)




hi the boats do do bday%26#39;s, although we did the wishes fireworks cruise. they put a big banner and ballons on the boat and the cake syou can order are gorgeous!!!! it really was amazing.



call 407 939 2329 (wdw bday)




I would say, with 2 women/girls, shopping at Mall of millenia followed by dinner at one of the top resort restaurants will fill the bill.





that%26#39;s what I did for my BGF.




A couple of more alternatives... ;)





.......Air Boat Ride





......Swimming with Manatees





......an Eco-Tour [Kayaking backwoods Florida!]




Your going at the wrong time of year for the Manatees, as they will be back out to sea in May.





You could organise a swim with the dolphins in Discovery Cove (part of Sea World) which is a fabulous day out. I think they do a birthday package as well.





Have a great time though - May is one of the nicest months to go to Orlando.




I have done a hot air balloon flight twice in Orlando and in other places as well. They are awesome. I can see someone being apprehensive at first especially if you are afraid of heights. It really is a very peaceful experience. You just drift along smoothly. If it is a little windy the landing can be a little bouncy but thats about it.





Whle I prefered my balloon flights in other places over Orlando, because of the amazing naturally beauty, the Orlando ones were certainly great as well. One of them we were close enough to Disney area to see all the parks from above but the other one we were not but were out of a more rural area and checked out some lakes up close and personal with a splash down, they can not guarantee what area you will fly over but it is always a great experience.





There are several companys that do flights in and around Orlando. The cost is about $170 to $180 per person for an hour long flight and a champagne ceremony at the end. I think most of them will also do a birthday package with a cake when you land. It is certainly something to consider.





FYI I see there is a hot air balloon festival in Dunnellon (about 2hrs from Orlando) the first of May. A balloon flight at a festival with so many other balloons is a really great experience.




Hi to all of you who answered my question. Really good suggestions there. Much appreciated . Im loving the idea of the boat and fireworks (safe and near the ground for me and fun for her)





Thank you all so much





Ma


  • skin cream
  • 没有评论:

    发表评论