2012年4月23日星期一

Turtle Crawl Inn Beach



I have an opportunity to rent a gulf front unit at Turtle Crawl Inn,



however after reading the trip advisor there are comments about the sand being gritty and gray as opposed to the sugar white. Does anyone know the situation there?





Also, is it in a good location on the Island? Also, can go to the Neptune (updated unit) but don%26#39;t like the idea of crossing a busy street. Thanks! Vienna



Turtle Crawl Inn Beach


Sand being gritty and gray sounds like it may have been written shortly after beach renurishing, or just after a bad storm, and not like the Longboat I know and love! The beach is a good one and the location on Longboat is also good -- about mid-island and quiet (though most of Longboat is quiet!). As for Neptune, definitely stay with Turtle Crawl or just about any other place! I might stay at Neptune if the rate was $10 per night, but I doubt it.



Turtle Crawl Inn Beach




Thank you very much! I am trying to book now- Hoping that Longboat won%26#39;t be alittle too quiet for two 12yr olds-but I don%26#39;t like the look of all those high rises in Siesta Key



PS. Had a feeling about the Neptune!




They should enjoy the beach. Beyond that, though, you can rent some bikes (I like Backyard Bike Shop; they only take cash or check, though) and they can safely go cruising up and down Longboat (bike path the whole way). You%26#39;ll be maybe 4-5 miles from Mote Aquarium -- both for the aquarium itself as well as a great boatride out of it exploring the bay, and also kayaking opportunity. Near Mote is St. Armand%26#39;s Circle with 100+ shops, restaurants, ice cream/fudge stuff, etc. When our kids were young and we vacationed on Longboat, boredom was never an issue!




I just re-read your first post and was relieved to see that it was a gulf-front unit. Those are definitely the ones to choose. There are a couple of units across the road that are less desirable, but gulf-front should be terrific for you. Let us know when you return!






More has happened!- long story but the gulffront was taken (bummer) when I found out I really needed a 2BR-(but couldn%26#39;t find) because my daughter (who goes to college in Winter Park-Rollins) wanted to come visit for the weekend I have ended up with the two 12 yr old boys and my husband and myself in an oceanvilla -private entrance- larger space totally updated-still ocean view- but sideways and large deck instead of balcony- AND my daughter and friends will have lower floor oceanfront for 2 weekend nights-We should have rented a house! Honestly, the trip started out as 2 adults and 1 child and now has grown to 2 adults 2 children and 4 teenagers- all in all we should have a great trip- when I first saw Sarasota and drove over that bridge I fell in love with it. (Visiting a friend in Venice she drove me there for lunch) We are all big beach people and I can%26#39;t wait to show my husband-he loves ocean swimming and sailing but we can only do that 3 months of the year here! Thank you ever so for your advice-my son is an extreme sport kind of kid (that is why we are not staying near the Hilton he would live on the jet skis) but I explained that we would rent bikes drive up and down the island exploring-the aquarium and ice cream and he really liked that! -We are picky about beaches and good seafood restaurants so will keep you posted! We will go to Ringling Musuem and Art School I really appreciate your interest- I have had some really bad vacations -so I get anxious




Glad it worked out for you, though too bad you don%26#39;t get your own private balcony; at least you can all get together for sunsets. As for jet skis, I believe the Longboat council put a ban on them and you can%26#39;t take them out from the Hilton any longer. If you want to indulge your son%26#39;s passion for those things, he could rent one in Cortez or one at the Sarasota Bayfront marina (or perhaps you may want to conveniently ';forget'; to tell him about this option!).








GOOD IDEA! We leave in the am- Cross your fingers this trip seem to change every day!


  • makeup powder
  • 没有评论:

    发表评论