2012年4月23日星期一

Roses are Red.........

Roses are Red...



Violets are Blue...



I miss Key West...



My wife does too...



:-(





hard to believe its been a year !



...unable to come this year, but next year is our 25th ! and nothing holding us back. ;-o



:-)



Roses are Red.........


Route One takes you south



to mile marker zero



say Honey let%26#39;s go



you%26#39;ll be your wife%26#39;s hero!



Roses are Red.........


another great maine poet !! :)




edna st vincent millay





in case anyone was wondering who the other one was.





and there%26#39;s more...but that%26#39;s the maine forum








~~Nope I am not going to try and compete



with these poets.. I%26#39;ll just say



ditto to ';I miss Key West'; and



could not make it this year but



..(Fair Warning)..April %26#39;09..



we%26#39;ll be back!!!!!





~Cheers to my northern buddies



thinking ahead!!





Mojito-- I made a pitcher yesterday



and lit the tiki torches out back



and sipped away!!




Wishful - I hope you didnt have to shovel snow off the spot for the tiki torches!!





Wow - you have mint???? Next time you%26#39;re mixing a pitcher give me a call!!!





I made up a Caipirnha which does not require the mint. I have the cachaca and limes and find it works for me until I can get mint again.






~~LOL..YES-- I did have to shovel off the



old stubborn stuff first.





Mint...OMG.. I went to Shaws%26#39;s, Wal-Mart



and then finally found a few limp bunches



at Hannaford. geeez..what an ordeal.



Now that you mention it I feel fortunate



to have found some. I%26#39;m going to look



you up the next time I am hanging around



the southern border of our chilled state.





~Cheers~








~~MrSki..



I know some serious Red Sox fans in the



Tampa area so rest assured. These folks



are our KW travel buddies...aka..good folks!!!



No matter whomever your team is..they%26#39;re



allllll good if they love KW..right?




You know what we need to do is get a trip to KW planned for Red Sox Nation! We%26#39;ll go to the Sox friendly Lazy Gecko to watch a game and raise our mojitos to toast Manny and David Ortiz at bat. What a hoot!




is that a mint julep bucket we%26#39;re talking bout?



we usually have a few over the summer sitting around the campfire...








~~Well I am no expert but a Mojito is



generally:





rum, sugar, club soda, mint



leaves and fresh lime.





I muddle (crush with a stick like thing)



the mint leaves in with the sugar (or simple



syrup) and limes. Once its blended and leaves



are a satisfactory size I start pouring the



rum and then top it off with a splash of



club soda. Ahhhhhhh...so refereshing.



You may use fancy rum or Bacardi which



works fine. If it sets for awhile it



gets even better when the flavors meld.



Mr Mojito will likely have his own



version.





没有评论:

发表评论