2012年4月23日星期一

Shooters

Hi - leaving tomorrow for vacation -and so far the weather looks great. Is Shooters still open? I remember going there a few (well maybe more than a few) years ago and loved the location. Thought it might be a fun place to re-visit with my husband and 2 teenage girls. If not, any other suggestions for a place to eat on the water that isn%26#39;t going to break the bank. Nothing like waiting till the last minute!

Shooters

I whiled away many happy hours at Shooters when I lived in FLL back in the late 90%26#39;s, as well. It was still there when I visited last summer...the same bartenders were even still there. The food was not as good as I remembered it, but my palate has grown up a little bit since then (plus, I was more sober than I used to be ;) ).

I always liked Aruba Beach Cafe on the ocean a mile or so up the road in Lauderdale by the Sea, too. It was also still there, and also much the same.

Shooters

I%26#39;m sure you will all still enjoy Shooters and Aruba is another good idea. Just wanted to mention that we expect our version of a ';cold front'; for two or three days starting on Sunday- temps will ';dip'; into teh mid 50%26#39;s and I think highs in high 60%26#39;s- colder than normal for us for this time of year. Just want to be sure you are prepared to layer if necessary- though coming from Stamford ( I lived there many years ago) I guess that is warm anyway- but a little nippy for swimming - water will still be warm , but the air when you come out may not be so comfy.


Shooter%26#39;s location is awesome. I was there not long ago. I did not like the food. I went back again to give it a second chance with the same result. I thought Jack%26#39;s had better hamburgers.


Yes it is still open on the east side of the Intracoastal just south of Oakland PArk Blvd


It is tough to enjoy a burger anywhere else after having one at Jacks.

My husband really likes going to Shooters, mostly because we can walk there, eat outside and enjoy looking at the passing boats. The food is simple, not gourmet which he prefers.

Shooters recently updated their menu. I%26#39;m not sure it was available when you were visiting eileen. Last time I was there (over a month, sob) I had the filet mignon sliders which were good.

Here is a link to the new menu:

shooterscafe.com/menu.html


Jack%26#39;s is the best. I probably should not have set the bar that high. There is not a place in Boston which comes close. Now I am have a big time craving.

  • skin discoloration rash
  • 没有评论:

    发表评论