2012年4月25日星期三

Disney Hotels comparison - what do you get for your $$$?

As many of you have suggested allears.net I checked this out and I%26#39;m still undecided. After reading reviews, we%26#39;re really confused about accomodation quality %26amp; locations. We are a couple in our 50%26#39;s and due to Hubby%26#39;s Epilepsy we will not have a car - hence choice to stay at Disney and use free transportation. As many of you replied to one of my previous posts - seems like Epcot and Boardwalk area will be for us - however, this is how they were looking yesterday (daily room rate - regular season):





Polynesian rated 26 out of 293. Cheapest room 拢399.



Yacht %26amp; Beach Club rated 24 out of 293. Cheapest room $370.



Boardwalk Inn rated 109 out of 293. Cheapest room $370.



Boardwalk Villas rated 40 out of 293. Cheapest room $370.



Swan rated 79 out of 293. Cheapest room 拢214.50.



Dolphin rated 114 out of 293. Cheapest room $194.50.



Caribbean rated 67 out of 293. Cheapest room $165.



Port Orleans Riverside rated 45 out of 293. Cheapest room $165.





On top of this I guess tickets, meals, shows but I%26#39;ll start another post about that.



Disney Hotels comparison - what do you get for your $$$?


For those prices I would choose the Dolphin,even though I don%26#39;t find the ambiance perticularly appealing. The age factor puts some of the Disney niceties on the back burner and the location is as good as the other Boardwalk resorts. It is more like a Las Vegas style property, meaning it is fine but lacking a lot of the Disney touch.



Disney Hotels comparison - what do you get for your $$$?


I didn%26#39;t see the contemporary on this list, but it should fit somewhere around Yacht and Beach club. The advantage to it (and to some extent the Poly) is that it is RIGHT on the monorail for easy access to two parks.





Using your list, I%26#39;d probably consider the Carribean. I don%26#39;t think its significantly less convenient than the Dolphin and its less expensive and a little more fun.




The Carribean would be our choice...convienient location,and what a place.It is so pretty,and peacefull.Feels like you are really in the Carribean.




I did look at the Contemporary but didn%26#39;t really like the look of it and as there is a 14 storey tower it would be out of the question for me as due to a bad experience I do not go in internal (four enclosed walls) elevators. Thanks for your suggestion anyway as the monorail is a big plus for us.




Actually the Caribbean is the only hotel thats available for our stay. Does anyone know the difference between the standard view rooms and the water view rooms. Water view more expensive but is the standard just as good?



Plus the website won%26#39;t let me book 15 nights??




If its not much more,go for the water view.Beautiful lake there.




One thing that your $$$%26#39;s gets you is possibly the smallest rooms in the world.




Oh! Not sure I want to spend 2 weeks in a small room?




The Epcot resort area would be great for you. I understand that you can%26#39;t get 15 nights at any one hotel, but you might try splitting your stay between two hotels. The Swan and Dolphin would be good choices - great area and they will move your luggage for you. (I%26#39;ve done this several times when I couldn%26#39;t get all the nights I wanted at the Dolphin - I go to the Swan for a night or two, then the hotel moves me. It%26#39;s really pretty effortless - they are only a few steps away.) Try going directly to the swandolphin web site, and try different date combinations - often there%26#39;s just one night, or one or two days, that is sold out.



I understand the Disney hotels will also move your luggage for you, if you are changing between disney hotels. You might start at the Caribbean, then move to the Swan or Dolphin, or another Epcot resort.



The advantages of the Epcot resort area are huge, especially for adults. Walking distance to Epcot and MGM (or you can take a boat), easy access to lots of restaurants, the Boardwalk and its nightly entertainment. It%26#39;s worth moving in mid-stay if necessary.




I believe the Pop Century has a one bed room suite %26amp; Fort Wilderness has very nice log cabins.

没有评论:

发表评论