2012年4月23日星期一

Passport picture out of date

My boy is 4 and and his passport picture was taken when he was about 6 months.





Should I be worried, could there any issues when entering the states?





Simon



Passport picture out of date


Don%26#39;t think they worry too much about children as long as the parents are with him.





Anyone know for sure?



Passport picture out of date


My son was aged 16 when we last went to Florida, his passport photo is him as a young pre teenager, not as a strapping young man that he is. We had no problems going through immigration, I don%26#39;t think you will as long as the passport is in date and has at least 6 months left on it, this must happen several times daily.




The short answer is no.





The waffly bit is that I remember having this fear with my kids and someone told me it wasn%26#39;t a problem and that basically from the age of 3 months (I think - it%26#39;s all a bit hazy) their features are such that they are easily recognised even when much older. In retrospect, when I look back at the photos of our kids it certainly holds true.




Hope this helps from the government website. The link gives more detail but the final paragraph is:





We know that a baby鈥檚 appearance changes quickly, but separate passports have been successfully issued to babies and young children for many years without there being any problems about the child鈥檚 identity or appearance. However, you can if you wish change the photograph during the five-year life of the passport, although this is not necessary.







ips.gov.uk/passport/apply-photos-babies.asp




Thanks everyone.




Not a problem, my sons passport picture was taken the day after he was born and we used it loads of times until it expired last year.

没有评论:

发表评论