2012年4月25日星期三

Disney Tipping on Dining Plan - Cash or Charge?

Hi all,

I%26#39;m sorry if this question has been asked a million times, I could not find the right search phrase to find the answer. We are visiting Disney in two weeks and we%26#39;ll be on the Dining Plan. I understand tips are no longer included in the plan so I%26#39;m trying to make sure I plan properly for those.

Do you have to tip in cash on top of the Dining Plan credit? Or can you charge the tip to a credit card? I want to make sure we carry enough cash if we have to use it for tipping.

-Sarah

Disney Tipping on Dining Plan - Cash or Charge?

I always tip in cash,its just easier than fussing with the credit card slip. Especially since you%26#39;re using the dining plan,what else would be on the credit card but the tip?Cash is simpler and more appreciated.

Disney Tipping on Dining Plan - Cash or Charge?

It%26#39;s probably best to use cash since you are on the dining plan. Servers like cash better too, as there%26#39;s no paper trail of how much they are getting.

If you were paying for the meal with credit card, you%26#39;d simply add the tip to the meal price that%26#39;s charged to the card.


Correct me if I%26#39;m wrong, but I don%26#39;t believe any alcohol would be included. So if you enjoyed an adult beverage with your meal, you%26#39;d need to pay for that. If you charged it to your room or paid for it with a CC, you could put tip right on that instead of with cash. But if you don%26#39;t have any extras, cash is probably the easiest way to go.

Kuddos to you for thinking ahead!


You can do it whichever way you feel comfortable. As Kat mentioned, servers prefer cash tips, but it is easy to use a credit card for tips as well, especially if you have you key to the world card attached to a credit card for purchases. Just be careful if you are ordering from the menu or getting alcholic beverages in addition to your dining plan selections, as there may be a tip automatically included in the bill for those items, so it would affect the overall tip you leave, in cash or on the card, when you figure percentages.

We are going to Disney in 11 days, and I have planned out all our tips according to the most expensive menu items. So if we get excellent service, the waitperson will get the full amount in the envelope, if service is lacking, I will take out a dollar or two accordingly. I am doing cash for dining tips only and will use the credit card for drinks and drink tips. Might seem a little complicated, but it%26#39;s just easier for me to keep up with this way. And I used to wait tables so I try to always tip in cash!


What percentage is considered an acceptable tip for meals?


For good service 20%

for fair service 15%

  • server
  • 没有评论:

    发表评论