2012年4月25日星期三

Portofino with hubby and kids - SO SO excited!!

Leaving this Sunday for 5 nights at the Portofino with my husband and two boys, ages 12 and 10. Can%26#39;t get there soon enough! Does anyone have any Portofino tips as far as dining or entertainment? Any Universal tips at all would be appreciated actually. First time there for us! Also, did I read somewhere that Mythos is only open for lunch, not dinner?



Portofino with hubby and kids - SO SO excited!!


yes mythos is only open until about 3:00pm. i find this a very weird decision on their part...as they get tons of business and have been voted many years in a row as best themepark restaurant in the world.





can%26#39;t say about portofino, have never stayed there as i%26#39;ve never wanted to take a trip to my own town...but i do know that it is beautiful inside. it is one of the nicest hotels in orlando.





since you are staying at portofino, you get a free unlimited express pass (front of the line access), so you don%26#39;t need any tips for lines or which rides get crowded first. you are set! i don%26#39;t even need to advise on what attractions to do...with 5 nights, you will have time to do everything. all i can say is don%26#39;t miss anything. universal/IOA are my two favorite parks...you and your boys will have a fantastic time!



Portofino with hubby and kids - SO SO excited!!


Thanks, Orlando Native. Glad to know for sure the hours for Mythos. I guess we will be doing lunch there and not dinner. Sounds like a good place to have a cocktail though and I usually prefer those with dinner and not lunch. Oh well, it%26#39;s vacation, right????




I have stayed at Portafino and it%26#39;s beautiful, They have an italian restaurant there called mama mia%26#39;s (I think) and it was very good, I had the veal and it was yummy.




Great - I just made a reservation for that restaurant on our first night there. I can taste the veal already!!




It was veal marsala I think I had, very good. Also your room keys can be used as fast passes. Regular fast passes only allow you to use them once per ride but room keys allow you go ride as many times as you want. My fav ride at IOA is Dr seuss cat in the hat lol. Yes it%26#39;s a kiddy ride but very cool! Your two boys will love it. Next to the spiderman ride at certain times of the day all the super hero characters come out to sign autographs so try to catch that. Bubba Gump shrimp co. is really good food at universal city walk too.

没有评论:

发表评论